While roaming the Weird World of Web, we ran across across a site called "Ghosts in a Bottle." John Deese, a Florida ghosthunter, stuffs the spooks he captures into bottle, seals 'em with wax, and then sells them at $20 apiece. From the website:
Each Ghost is captured from a reported haunted establishment, (house, hotel, ship, cemetery, etc), by our Ghost Hunters. We seal the ghost in it's own bottle. The bottle is sealed for your protection.
No maintenance required; except occasional dusting. You may release the Ghost at your own discretion and at your own risk.
The Ghost in the Bottle is contained mysteriously and is therefore sealed with wax shortly after the Ghost is caught. The bottle is sealed for your protection. It comes with very important information. We supply the Ghost, you supply the name. Individual Ghost experiences may vary as "Each Ghost is Unique"!
Each Ghost also comes with a "Ghost Certificate" which is signed by the Ghost Hunter that captures each Ghost and is engraved with a Ghost Hunters seal.
It is not recommended that you break or open the bottle. NOTE: WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISFORTUNE TO BEFALL YOU SHOULD YOU TAKE POSSESSION OF THIS OBJECT.
The intent of this product is for entertainment purposes only. We have had several customers open or break the bottle and contact us stating that unexplained things have occured in their homes!
If you open or break your bottle you may experience any or all of the following:
• A voice out of nowhere.
• Muffled Moans and Groans for long periods of time during the day or night.
• Doors opening or closing slowly.
• A feeling someone is following you around your home.
• The T.V. volume Increases or Decreases by itself.
• Water left running at the sink.
• The feeling someone is watching you.
• Noises leading into or out of rooms that no one is present in.
• A unfamiliar smell of perfume or cologne.
• Small items moved (favorite items to move are shoes, car keys, T.V. remote).
• Lights coming on or going off by themselves.
• Electrical appliances coming on by themselves (sometimes not even plugged in).
• Phone calls (yes, sometimes they call).
• Your night light may be turned off during the night.
• Bed covers pulled off you, or you pillow may be tossed on the floor.
• Touches (light pat on the back, the touch can be warm or cold).
• Activity will usually peak around 3:00 am in the morning or on rainy days.
You may experience other Ghostly situations not mentioned above.
Ghost In A Bottle is the best spook spoof site we've run across in quite some time. It's already joined the Chia Pet in our private collection of ghastly curios.